- Sarah Zukoff introduces her audience to the life cycle and behavior of the corn rootworm, an agricultural pest that feeds on the roots of corn.
- She explains how scientists are using this information to reduce crop losses due to corn rootworm infestations.
- Students can also investigate corn rootworm behavior in the associated Data Nugget, Corn Rootworm Mayhem
- 16 minutes
Information about the Author:
- Sarah Zukoff was a graduate student in the Plant Sciences and Entomology Program at MU working with Dr. Bruce Hibbard.
- For her PhD research project, Sarah studied the relationship between corn plant genetics and the ecology the corn rootworm.